Monday, November 26, 2007

Different People; Different Technologies


People of different ages or sexes prefer different items because they're in a different state of life. They have different interests, and that is why they use different technologies more often. I tend to use my cell phone the most because I am always texting, meanwhile my mother does not have a clue how to text, all she needs is for the phone to make calls. Although, in my case I use my cell as a form of communication all the time! My father knows how to text, and he does sometimes but he can’t be bothered because it takes him longer to text it rather than just making a quick phone call. I text so much that I am ridiculously fast at it, so I don’t find it inconvenient at all! This is an example of how different technologies are found convenient and useful for different age groups/people. Another example would be the fact that my dad watches a lot of television; he finds it relaxing and enjoys it. This is the complete opposite to my brother; he finds the television a complete waste of time and would rather be doing anything other than watching TV shows. As for the computer my mom tends to use that the most because of her business. She works out of our home so she uses the computer and phone to communicate to her customers. My mom uses the computer more productively than me. I tend to use it for entertainment and homework. My dad on the other hand rarely ever uses the computer, and is an extremely slow typer. This is what makes me believe that people of different ages and sexes tend to use different technologies.

No comments: